Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: World Cup

  1. #21
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    the US sucks anyway
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    How so? They are 5th in the FIFA rankings.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    [ QUOTE ]
    the US sucks anyway

    [/ QUOTE ]


    No offense but posts like that are one of the things that annoys me more than anything on here.

    I can handle people disagreeing, discussing but the old "this sucks", "that sucks" ....sucks
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    Indeed... Losing 0:3 to the Czech Republic is just pathetic.. much worse than what I thought it'd be. I figured we would at least beat them, but then again I don't know much about soccer and I'm fairly glad that I don't.

    Meh, if our team is going to do this bad I'm not sure if I'm even going to waste my time paying attention to it.
    Officially retired

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    ESPN radio had an interesting view on the US team this morning.

    They were discussing the size of our players, how we are small, our best athletes play other sports, and in some of those other countries, they don't. Admits our skill set isn't going to be as good as other countries, but we could make up for it with size. Of course everybody was arguing that but our womens team is very good and there is less competition for out female athletes as the male athletes. It was also funny, that the first goal scored on the US was a 6'7 guy, ESPN was going to town on that.

    Basically what they was saying was, we could live without having the greatest skill set if we had our bigger/better athletes since we're never going to have it 'bred' into us from birth.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    if their 5th then why did they not play like it..and since when did people from southwest virginia become such soccer experts...i mean dang i would say half of you have never even layed eyes on a soccer match...in my opinion soccer is boring like golf...no need to watch it because i dont know what the !*&# is going on anyway
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    [ QUOTE ]
    if their 5th then why did they not play like it..and since when did people from southwest virginia become such soccer experts...

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Exactly, so how can you say they suck if your not an expert. Your post and Chubz posts just show how you like to spout off at the mouth without knowing anything.

    Is the US as good as Brazil, or England, heck no. But the Czech Republic is a very good team. It just seemed like a lackluster performance.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #28
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    dude if espn did not right the stuff you type then you would not know sh*t about soccer so quit being stupid and quit believing your own words
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    I read something that had a quote from one of the US players (Landon Donavan or such?) and he was talking about how they dreaded to go, to be there that early for their match (not sure when they went).

    There is a lot of talk about the US having more security than any team, the only team bus that can't display its flag due to a lot of worldwide hatred for the US now. I'm sure that we're not able to just focus on the game, I mean shoot we know that the soccer crowds can be violent and dangerous, so I wonder how much crap our players are dealing with.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: World Cup

    Well at least he read something to base his comments on. By that token most of us would know nothing about very much. How many actual college football, basketball, baseball or any other sports do you get to watch? How many pro football, basketball, baseball games do you get to watch? Forget soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, boxing, etc.

    I mean most of us watch our favorite teams, and some other games, isn't any of us get to watch everything so we have to base our opinions sometimes on second hand information, stats, articles, etc.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •